Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Very Own

Things happen in my life that are worth writing down. Whether or not they are worth reading is for you to decide. I enjoy writing enough to record some of my thoughts and stories; but I'm lazy enough to not keep a journal. I do have a few journals with an entries on January 1st of any given year...but that's usually it.

I don't like the new hands-free law for cell phones in cars cause I've never been a big fan of the guy who wears the little blue-tooth headset piece. That guy seems like a turkey. But now I am that guy...plus I still swerve into the next lane while I'm dialing the number. Texting while driving seems more dangerous than talking on the phone while driving, but now I have been encouraged to text while I drive because the cop can't really see me texting if I hold the phone low enough. Actually, I think it still might be legal to text while driving. But my wife usually gets mad at me when I do that now that we have a baby in the car. For some reason it didn't bother her as much when we didn't have a baby in the car. She didn't really mind if I endangered our lives, but she doesn't like me to endanger Axel's life and I agree with her.


I want you all to understand the atmosphere I work in. We have a meeting every morning to catch up on new patients and other issues that need to be brought to everyone's attention. This morning in our meeting, one nurse was giving an update on a patient. All of a sudden another nurse let out a big gasp in the middle of the report. It seemed that she was really excited that the lady in 502A had a loose stool last night. Maybe that's something she had been waiting for. But then she was looking at her left hand...and I could tell she was actually looking at her ring finger. She was in a panic. Her diamond was gone! "Oh wait...it's right here on the table in front of me." It had just fallen out and she had not lost it. Phew! But wait. Now she is crying. Why? Everyone is a little speechless and confused. "Don't worry. You found your diamond." We all say collectively. She continues to cry and wave her hands at her face to try and collect herself like Mike Myers when he was vaclempt (sp?). Everyone just looked around at each other. Me, our maintenance man, and 11 women. "Can I get some testosterone in here please?"

10 comments:

KEH said...

the first rule when haveing a blog is to not enable the word verifications when someone tries to leave a comment. I bet you and I could switch careers and neither of us would know the difference. Today I tried to manage a team of "camp counselors" and make sure that they were properly teaching the 18 month olds to make a super hero belt. I would like some mature testosterone in my life as well.

Al G. said...

Yea Cort! More fun stories and creative writing from you. And after you come and visit, you can include some of the latest death and destruction tales from your Mom!
Love DAD

loubige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dro said...

Cort, being a teacher in Laguna Beach, I also feel your pain. Can I get some "male" testosterone around here! :)

I will gladly pay the $20 fine every time I get caught rather than wear a blue tooth. I saw one of the teachers wearing one the other day walking around campus and I told him, "Dude, you only have to wear those in the car. You don't have to be hands-free teaching."

Anyway, sweet blog. Nice pix. I agree, eliminate word verification please!!!

maines said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanne King said...

I'm confused why there are all of these deleted comments. Are we not mature enough to handle them?

Cort I'm glad you're blogging now. Welcome to the area. If I had blog links on my blog, you'd be on there.

loubige said...

Where can I get me one of them there rubberbands? Screw the blue tooth.

maines said...

Am I allowed to comment now without being immediately ordered to delete it?

And thanks for disabling word verification. I can never get those things right!

Laurel said...

Jumping Turtle? Where did that come from! You certainly won't have to worry about Jeff and Blaine finding out what's REALLY going on in their facilities. I had a really good death and destruction story but can't remember it right now...so sorry. SO glad you're writing cause there have been some great stories in the past and know there will be more to come!

barbara said...

This is one I'll check on often. Thanks, Cort. xoxox